It is very easy to become concerned about the behaviour of your Ogryn – abhumans, even those who serve the Imperium such as Ratlings, have an inherently untrustworthy nature. Following recent, unfortunate events, we are sharing with you some text from the Imperial pamphlet: How to Talk to Your Ogryn about Heresy.
As you know, Ogryns are doggedly loyal, and their strength and resilience make them a potent weapon in the service of the Emperor. However, they are also easily confused, so it is your responsibility to talk them through this.*
Just as you protect your Ogryns against diseases like the grey flux, you can help to “immunize” them against heresy by giving them the facts before they’re in a risky situation. Due to their sheer size, a heretic Ogryn is somewhat more problematic than a heretic Guardsman.**
When Ogryns don’t feel comfortable talking to Guardsmen, they’ll seek answers elsewhere, even if their sources are unreliable. And those who aren’t properly informed are at greater risk of engaging in unsafe behaviour and experimenting with heresy.
So, follow these simple steps when talking to your Ogryn:
- Stay calm, even if they are showing signs of heresy. Ignore any anger they might be showing and use your words.***
- Pick a good time to talk. If they are clubbing someone with their ripper gun, it’s NOT a good time.
- Know their friends, talk with them too and ensure that they are also avoiding heretical thoughts.
- Let them know you’re always there for them (unless you’re out claiming glory in the name of the Emperor, of course).
- Reward them when they demonstrate good behaviour by issuing one (1) emblem from the Departmento Munitorum’s standard-issue Ogryn Adhesive Accolade Set.****
++ Thought for the Day: A small mind is easily filled with faith. ++
* Make sure that you use short words. Also, any similarity to the talks that your Commissars have had with you is purely coincidental.
** For example, it can take more than a single bolt pistol shell from a Commissar to stop them.
*** And failing that, fix bayonets!
**** This positive reinforcement will ensure that your Ogryn will follow you to certain death on battlefields throughout the galaxy.